Saturday, November 19, 2016

Songs That Inspired The Commitment Test

Pretty much every story I've written since I was a kid had, what I would call, a soundtrack. You know, the songs that would play in the background if the book ever got made into a movie  . . .  and I was in charge of everything. 

A while ago, I posted a blog with The Man Test soundtrack, so I thought it'd be fun to share what I was listening to when I wrote The Commitment Test.

Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) by Beyonce- This is a pretty obvious pick for a book that's about a woman trying to get her boyfriend to propose marriage. Plus it's a classic.

Marry You by Bruno Mars- This originally inspired a wedding scene that actually got cut out of the book. It was called Love and Las Vegas Again . . .

Distance by Emily King

Let's Stay Together by Al Green- There's a scene where a special guy and a special girl are dancing together in their hotel room. It's the kind of romantic scene I fantasize about for myself.

All About Your Heart by Mindy Gledhill- This song could almost be the theme for all the Marin books. I discovered it when I was writing The Commitment Test and I fell in love with it. If this was a movie All About Your Heart would be the theme song.

If I Can't Have You by Yvonne Elliman

I Choose You by Sara Bareilles- Did you all know that Sara Bareilles is my favorite singer?? Next to Michael Jackson of course.

The One That Got Away by Katy Perry- So it's not a spoiler, but Marin's ex resurfaces in this book, causing all kinds of trouble. And I know for many, there's always that one who got away that you wonder, what if . . .

Real Love by Mary J. Blige- This is an anthem, that mostly reminds me of riding my Huffy around the cul-de-sac as a second grader, but it's what we all want. Real Love.

Marry Me by Jason Derulo- Okay, what romantic woman doesn't swoon over this song.



You can check out this soundtrack here on Spotify. I'd love to hear your thoughts, please leave me a comment  below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment